Thunderbird hyper-links
Phil
2011-10-01 11:04:53 UTC
Thank you for reading this.

How do I set-up Thunderbird to open hyper-links in Firefox?

Google has provided quite a lot of information on this subject but, so
far, nothing has worked.

I'm using Mandriva 2011.
--
Regards,
Phil
Rick Kunath
2011-10-01 12:15:47 UTC
Post by Phil
Thank you for reading this.
How do I set-up Thunderbird to open hyper-links in Firefox?
Google has provided quite a lot of information on this subject but, so
far, nothing has worked.
I'm using Mandriva 2011.
The settings to force Firefox to handle links are in the prefs.js file. This
file is in a hidden directlry in your Home directory called: ".thunderbird/[a
bunch of random characters].default/prefs.js. The "[random charachers]" should
be replaced by whatever Thunderbird generated there when it installed the
configuration files. ITHis will be unique to each user.

pen the file using whatever editor you feel comfortable and add the following
lines.

Note: These three are each all on one line, but they'll probably get wrapped
during the email send.

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp","/home/your user
name/firefox/firefox");

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http","/home/your user
name/firefox/firefox");

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https","/home/your user
name/firefox/firefox");
Phil
2011-10-02 03:02:58 UTC
Post by Rick Kunath
Post by Phil
[...]
Thanks Rick,

Your answer is similar to one that I had discovered except for the
location of the user_pref files.

Thanks again.
--
Regards,
Phil
Phil
2011-10-03 04:27:13 UTC
Post by Rick Kunath
Post by Phil
[...]
I discovered that these entries need to go into user.ps. Even so, it
still doesn't work. I have experimented with the directory path but to
no avail.

Is there something else that could be amiss?
--
Regards,
Phil